Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Showers of Blessings

There seems to be some kind of funky illness disorder at my house. I have three kids so some passing around of the cooties is to be expected, but this is becoming a problem of epic proportions. Maybe that is melodramatic, but, well, I'm feeling a bit melodramatic about the whole thing. Back in August Griffin had an eye infection that started moving into this optical lobe. Not good. That put a raging infection that didn't respond to antibiotics in near range of his brain. After four days in the hospital on Vancomycin he finally came out of it and everyone else in the family got a raging infections in different areas. Lou in his eye as well, Mom in her eyes, throat and chest, Austin in his chest and, lucky me, in the eyes, nose, throat, and chest leaving them in a state my Doctor called "really torn up". Since then we have been sick for 10 of the last 12 weeks. Yeah. Not cool. As odd as this may sound I don't mind a winter cold. The kind that leaves you tired and in need of soup and rest, but doesn't really do much else. It is a nice excuse for a mom to get a couple days off, but when it is cold, flu, cough, stomach virus, cold again... well it's just getting ridiculous. At what point is it more than just picking up a virus and turns into having something wrong with your immune system?

Last night Austin's vague chest cough turned nasty and he has seriously thick bark with a fever. Of course this is Tuesday so his Pediatrician's office closes at noon for paperwork day so I can't get him in until tomorrow morning. Normally I would wait 4 or 5 days and then call, but I think I may have them check for anything underlying. Austin has been sick about 12 time in his entire life (we call him our genetic elite) and 6 of them were in the last three months. So for now all my plans for the day are shot (library, groceries, errands) and we are spending time counting our blessings;

Bless you.

Bless you again.

God bless you.

Bless yo - Can you cover your mouth this time? Ew.

No comments:

Post a Comment