Thursday, November 18, 2010

A Thankful Heart

The kids have been sick today and yesterday. Luckily for me, there is a generic form of Zofran now that makes the stomach flu much easier on moms. That said, I have had some time on my hands to daydream and web-surf today. My object du jour? Place settings for Thanksgiving day and beyond.

Take this one for example:





or this one:


I thought about how nice my table would look with some dishes like this:


or this:


Suddenly it dawned on me. I was in entirely the wrong state of mind for THANKSGIVING. Instead of looking at all the wonderful things I have in my life already I was thinking about all the things that I didn't have. So I challenged myself; what could I do quickly with what I already have?



I think it turned out rather nice for taking about three minutes to put together. I think if I had some time to think about it, I could put together a lovely table without buying a thing and THAT is what Thanksgiving is all about.

1 comment:

  1. I do think you did a great job with what you had on hand - and I'm trying to do the same. Sometimes it's hard to be content, isn't it? I just have to say, I'm dying a thousand deaths over those brown floral dishes. Jayme wants!! Thanks so much for visiting my blog. : < >

    ReplyDelete