Thursday, November 11, 2010

Courage Enough to be Imperfect





Anyone else need this sign? I tend to be a perfectionist. I can't seem to stop with having something be good enough, it has to be perfect and I completely ignore as the rest of my life falls into chaos. Ever make your kids remake their bed, rearrange the dishes in the dishwasher or refold the towels because the weren't "right"? Every redo them yourself? Maybe you do need this sign too.




This one cracks me up. It's so true! Today I am focusing on being more aware of the way I speak and act around my kiddos. Not just toward them, but toward myself as well. Seeing my perfectionist tendencies manifest themselves again in my middle son is painful. My trying to convince him that playing his clarinet so well after six weeks is a wonderful accomplishment isn't enough to keep him from moaning his inability to play Mozart yet. So, for today, let's really focus on having the courage to not be perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment