Thursday, October 1, 2009

Carry-on Please


I can hardly believe that I will be leaving for the land of knights, castles and kings in just a few more days. It all seems too good to be true. I keep waiting for someone to tell me that it's all been a mistake and I can't really go. Until then, I keep on getting ready. Credit cards have been called, passports packed, umbrella purchased and my suitcase is sitting open in my bedroom. I have gotten several strange looks for even suggesting this, but I am not checking any bags. Granted, girliness is not my thing, but I will only be gone a week and I don't see any reason to take any more than I have to and risk my bag. You see, Delta and I have a long sanding love-hate relationship: they love our money and I hate them. Lou has flown Delta several times on business and I have lost three - yes, THREE - suitcases to them. The worst damage was the one with the plastic corner corner completely busted out of it along with a broken cologne bottle. What they did to break a 1/4 inch of glass is beyond me. My best guess is throwing it off the plane. Either way, I am determined to pack only one carry on sized bag. So far I have almost all of my clothing packed (minus one pair of shoes and my pajamas) and it is only half full. Thank goodness. I'm not sure how I'm going to pack all my gifts for the return trip. I may have to - gasp - check a bag, but hopefully it won't come to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment