Friday, October 2, 2009

Pumpkin Project

Today didn't go at all the way I had planned. The first Friday of the month is Skate Day. We almost never miss, but Griffin started running a low temp last night and was still snorty and feverish this morning so we opted not to share. Austin and Carson had their teeth cleaned this morning (G was rescheduled) so I thought while I was in town I would get supplies for this project from Tales from an OC Cottage. Pretty huh? When I got home with the pumpkins I got to work spray painting. I had originally intended to make 5 pretty white pumpkins, but I really like the idea of some bronze ones, so three became white and two became bronze using spray paint I had on hand. I didn't get a picture of the Cinderella ones I made for Mom. They look just like the ones on the blog, but mine had pearl beads instead of rhinestones. Here is a look at how my bronze ones turned out:



I don't usually buy seasonal decorations (with the exception of Christmas) so this $5 splurge was a real treat for me. Here is how my entry table looks now.

Just a little more festive than before, but it's a good start on the season. Now if the leaves will just change I can have some pretty cut branches in a vase...

1 comment:

  1. That looks so very pretty! I would love to do something like that, now to just find the time... ;o)

    ReplyDelete