Saturday, May 30, 2009

Happy Birthday Baby Brother!

My baby brother is turning 30 today. That makes my 31 feel much older for some reason. It is ALMOST as disturbing as my son being 11! It's just not right all this time flying that life seems to pull on you.

This is us when we were around 7 and 8. Doesn't Austin look like Nathan? We were pretty close. Homeschooling gave us ONE option of playmate most days. LOL! We got along for the most part. I was the classic, bossy older sister and he was the sensitive youngest brother. I was always so happy to be half an inch taller. Nathan had, however, outweighed me since I was 2. So much for my delusions of being bigger.


Poor kid grew like CRAZY. Here he is at 10 and 14.

By the time he was 12 he was nearing 6' tall. That made him bigger than me by a good 6 inches. Nooooooooo! Sigh. Like most teenage siblings we faught. We didn't fight a lot, but when we did fight... YIKES. I had a sharp mouth and he had a hard fist. LOL!

Here he is with the lovely Delores at the beach last fall. They were new parents in this picture. Hard to believe isn't it? They look so great! Of course part of that has to do with my nephew being perfect... :o)


It's hard to believe we are all grown up with kids (well, I have most of them - LOL) and that he is a grown man. Seems like just a few months ago that we were arguing over whether a standard bag of chips was a "serving". LOL!

I just have to mention that he also looks a lot like Jayne Cobb. Maybe I'll get him a cunning hat for this birthday...


Happy Birthday Nathan! I love you baby brother!

1 comment:

  1. OH MY GOSH!!! That last one- Jayne Cobb- hilarious! This is such a great post, I love all the pictures- Tristan looks so much like him in that first picture, it's unbelievable!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY NATHAN!!!!! From your sis-in-law! ;oP

    ReplyDelete