Monday, May 4, 2009

$1 Stars Game

I got an email this week about a Huntsville Stars baseball game that would be open to anyone with a print out of the email for $1 per person. The deal was that someone had bet one of the other guys (all Stars employees) that they couldn't find 1,000 people to take half a day off for a baseball game, so the game was being offered at a special $1 price. We had a big group of homeschoolers ready to take off for the day. Around 9:30 this morning I got an email saying that the game had been postponed until 5:00 due to the field being ankle deep in mud. That wiped out most of our group, but Lou thought that he could leave a bit early and meet us there. Our friend Suzette's son was really upset that he wasn't going to get to see the "pros" so we took him out to the ball game too. The weather was PERFECT, there were hardly any people there, Austin got a foul ball and we bugged out just before the second game after seeing a huge storm popping up just east of us and on the way. We got in the car as the first drops started to fall. I had forgotten how much I like live sporting events.











1 comment:

  1. Man, I haven't been to a Stars game since high school. We wanted to go, but Cody's been sick the last couple of days. I thought he'd be better off staying home. I'm glad you guys had fun!

    ReplyDelete