Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Last Song

Yesterday afternoon was hard...



That is our church building. Well, what is left of it. It's such a shock to actually see what happened. While my husband, a trustee, was there for many hours last night and the wee hours of the morning, I still haven't seen it for myself. My kids are upset that they didn't know it was the last; last Sunday morning, last breakfast, last game of scatterball in the fellowship hall, last Christmas program. Assuring them that life sometimes works this way seems cruel. You aren't guaranteed to know it's the "last".

I dreamed of fire last night. It was consuming the furniture store my mom and I were at. It didn't hurt us, but I kept thinking of all the beautiful things that were destroyed and the things we had just left in an attempt to save each other. No one was hurt in the church either and that is what I am MOST thankful about.

When Lou returned home from the scene this morning I, uncharacteristically, woke strait up. I suddenly remembered the last song I ever help lead for worship. The thing our praise team had prayed and discussed just days before...

No comments:

Post a Comment