Saturday, October 23, 2010

House Update

Four weeks after putting the house in the market, we finally had our first showing today. I had teased Lou that since I was keeping the house up no one would look at it. If I let it get REAL dirty I would get the call. When I started getting sick I joked, again, that this would be the weekend it would happen. See? I'm psychic! Nah, me and Murphy's Law are just old friends is all. Thank the good Lord for a mother willing to brave germs and a husband ready to drop plans to help out. In about two hours we went from shameful to chic. It was killing me that those LAST little things that pop up still hadn't been done, but when we left the house looked as good as it's gonna get with all of us living here. The effort wiped me out, but I had the rest of the day to relax. Our Realtor said they liked the house and were planning on talking to their Realtor again on Monday. I guess that's good? No idea. I think the hardest part of all this for me has been letting go of my PLANNING. Can't stand to not know what is ahead and THAT my friends is LIFE. Ah, well. House sale as therapy, perhaps?

I did get off my butt for about 5 minutes this afternoon and made pumpkin cupcakes.They were sinfully easy. How sinful?

Put one 15oz can of pumpkin into a bowl of spice (or german chocolate) cake mix. Mix well. Bake in muffin tin at 400* for 20 minutes.

I kid you not. THAT easy. AND they are wonderful. Just to make illness a little easier I have my house clean, my kids gone, warm cupcakes and just finished a Rosemary & Thyme marathon. Now if I can just stop being sick and sell the house, life would be perfect. ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment