Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Ohio Trip Pt 2

Sunday morning we headed to church with NO idea when it started. LOL! We came just 15 minutes after Sunday school had started so we killed some time before the late service. Griffin was really excited about Jr Church and went off without a backward glance. Afterward we had to hurry back to the hotel so Dad could make his tee time. ;o)

While we were at Taco Bell for lunch Griffin hurt his head. "Look Mom! Take a picture: I'm Haaaaaarry Potter!"


While Mom visited with Aunt Susie, the boys and I spent some time at Pete and Sara's house. Johnny and Mary came over with Dave and Christian and the seven kids had a ball. The boys were moving this HUGE bucket of water. Took them a while but the finally got to the trampoline and dumped it out. LOL!

Sunday night Dad and I were on our own while Mom was out visiting again. The kids really wanted McDonald's and since it was one of the six restaurants in walking distance, we headed that way. Dad took the boys on over while I crossed the road to Subway. As I was crossing this beat up old car went by and someone yell out at me, "Hussy!" I looked at what I was wearing. Nope not that. Only thing I can figure is that I looked like someone else. I got a good laugh out of it anyway. Who calls anyone a hussy anymore? ;oP

Monday morning I was up early and headed downstairs to try to get breakfast up to the room for Mom and the boys when the fire alarm started to go off. Now these hotel alarms are NOT playing. They make your skull ring so that even if you are deaf you are NOT missing the fact that it's ringing. I went to the front desk that was just around from the continental breakfast area and the hostess assured me (30 seconds after it started) that this was a false alarm. Alrighty then. I took the last of the food to the stairs and rushed up knowing that there was NO way the kids were still asleep. Sure enough Mom was trying to get them all to the door as I rushed in. I related that it was a false alarm as the alarm stopped and restarted. Mom got dressed quickly as we discussed that this girl had no idea if it WAS a false alarm since it kept going off after she'd turn it off again. I mean really, how did she know? The kids dressed quickly (we were all getting a headache at this point) and rushed out the back door with our electronics, the boys blankies and breakfast. We ate on the curb while the alarm continued to blare inside. We gave up on showers and make up and headed on out to pick up Aunt Kathy.

Our first stop of the day was an antique mall in Findlay. Griffin got bit by a bear.

We may sue.

I really liked these little animals. No idea why, but they were just really cute.

Aunt Susie met up with us there and we headed into town to eat lunch at a little breakfast cafe called Cafe Marie's. They had lots of breakfast fair and some lunch options. I am always scared of the smaller places, but they were really great and worked with me on my order. Not he first case of queasy! After lunch there were some errands to run, but we found time for some ice cream....






Everything there looked great, but the ONLY thing in the store I could have was a candy stick that was old and chewy. Sigh.

This is what Ohio looks like. At least the part I grew up in. Fields that are separated by trees and a few houses (the white dots) with big barns.

The boys and I admired all the Queen Anne's Lace and Clover. I think the Ragweed was getting to all of us. There was also a good bit of a blue flower that I can't find. Nuts.

Aunt Kathy and Mom weren't done spoiling the boys for the day. We headed to Lima to Chuck E Cheese...



We got Aunt Kathy home just in time for her meeting that night.

Mom and I took the boys by the cemetery to see if John's grave was taken care of. It was.

This is my grandparents' tombstone. It is one of the nicest ones I've ever seen. The house is the one they built - literally, my Grandpa built the house himself - and there is a tractor out front (Grandpa's hobby) and quilts hung out back (Grandma's hobby).

The last stop of the day was Anderson Tractor supply. Griffin's personal heaven...




G was thrilled to find a John Deere made JUST for him QT-1 for GQT!


We were whipped after a long day so we packed up the room and got ready to leave in the morning. Before bed I prepped Dad for a stop on the way down at Abraham Lincoln's birthplace so I could count Tuesday as a day of school. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment