Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Ramen for Me

There are days when I really wish I worked at a public school. You know, the kind where they have the food already prepared after I have fought my way through phonics, fractions and micro-biology? But no. This school's teacher is also the lunch lady. In the last month since we started school I have not done so well at making lunch. More times than I care to remember this past month it has been lovingly prepared by the King of Burgers or the Queen of Dairys. However this is bustin' the school's budget BADLY so back to the kitchen I go. Without further ado here is a QUICK recipe for someone who can't have dairy, corn, peanuts or sesame:

Heather Safe Ramen

Serves 2

Ingredients:
3 packages of Ramen
1 bag of frozen Japanese Veggetables
1 cube of chicken bullion
1/2 tsp garlic and onion powder
1/2 tsp celery salt
1/2 tsp sugar
Salt to taste

Bring a full pot of water to a boil. Add the frozen veggies and cook until just wilting - approx. 3-4 minutes. Add ramen noodles and cook for additional 3 minutes, of until noodles are cooked. Drain. Crumble bullion cube and add remaining spices. Mix and enjoy!

Not exactly fine cuisine, but it will do for those days I hear the royal twosome calling. The boys prefer theirs with MSG thanks, so they use the packets that come with them and a little water. Just remember:

No comments:

Post a Comment