Thursday, September 3, 2009

September?!



"By all these lovely tokens September days are here, With summer’s best of weather And autumn’s best of cheer." - Helen Hunt Jackso

I can't believe that August has slipped away and without all the scorching that it usually gives us. I have a serious case of pre-season mania. It isn't summer anymore (well, not weather wise anyway) and its isn't autumn yet either. This limbo makes me feel a bit disconnected from my life. There has been a real draw to clear things from my plate and find new ways to fill my hours. I haven't even been reading! ~gasp~ I have been doing a lot more cookbook perusing and furniture moving than exploring either new places or pages. Tomorrow will be the official end of summer at our house with Labor Day weekend blasting off at full steam. It's always extra special here with Lou's birthday kicking off all the autumn and winter holidays. If you factor in a four week count down to my trip to London and you might start to see where the disconnect comes in. I am not feeling much in the here and now... I am living four weeks away in my head half the time. Hopefully the part of me that is still here will leave a nice clean house and well fed family behind to miss her. I have a feeling September is going to fly by and October will blow by far too fast...

No comments:

Post a Comment