Sunday, September 20, 2009

September Showers

They last few weeks have been a blur of school, daily chores and rain - lots of rain. Our school work has been going really well considering how the year started. Austin has been making leaps and bounds in spelling and math. Carson is still struggling along in spelling, but is just crazy good at reading and math. Griffin is loving his school time each day with his letter of the week work and nature study. I have been working on my parenting skills by making the boys more responsible for their own messes which is more time incentive for me, but I know it will pay off in the end. I have also been careful not to over-schedule myself which has helped SO much with the state of the house and the kids attitudes.

With my trip looming a mere two weeks away we are planning to start a study on mid-evil Europe to get them in the mood to hear about all the awesome things I'm sure to see while there. Well, IF we are well. It seems that the swine flu may have finally found us this week. I'm just hoping we can get this over with with as little drama as possible and move on with life. More rain is forecast for the rest of the week. I'm hoping all these September showers will make for a beautiful and illness free October - my favorite month of the year!

Menu Plan for this week:

Soup
Jello
Toast
Sandwiches for well people
Anything that is easy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment