Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Feeling Free

There is nothing like being forced to lay around for a few days to make you want to get up and DO something! The swine flu was... underwhelming. Three days of a low grade fever and some coughing. Maybe it was easier because I started us all on probiotics as soon as I knew we had been exposed. Maybe it was just because we were SO sick last year that we had a close enough immunity. Maybe it was lots of prayer. Maybe Sine Flu is JUST THE FLU like I've been saying since this pandemic farce started. However, I'm not going to look at this at anything less than a gift! I have been freed from fear of air travel and germy people while I am away. Thank you Lord! Now all I can think about is exchange rates and suitcase weights. It seems like the last several months have dragged and flown by at the same time. Twelve days from now I will be on a plane to London. What I would really like to be doing today is visiting my bank to find out about cash for travel and figuring out what I'm going to wear while I'm gone, but with one kid (Austin) running a low grade fever we are stuck at home for at least another 24-36 hours. What will most likely take place is some housecleaning and laundry followed by lunch and an Avatar marathon.

Lou was a sweety and got some groceries for me on Sunday. When I wrote the list I was expecting a week of stomach bug and/or fevers and didn't have him get much other than jello and soups. Now we are all REALLY hungry and there isn't much here. Time to get creative with my freezer and pantry! At least I feel good enough to get back to work. Ah, free! :o)

1 comment: