Saturday, June 27, 2009

Bookwreck

I am a bibliophile to the core. There is nothing in this world I like more than books. Homeschooling gives me a nice excuse to have so many. I have occasionally been temped to admit that is one of my main reasons for homeschooling in the first place. LOL! Just kidding. I have books on everything from apostrophe placement to zoology and I LOVE it. There is one small problem: fitting them into the house.

For several years we had a nice sized book shelf and then last summer we added a friend for said bookshelf as we had gained another 6 years worth of books. The two were happy together, but they were definitely the odd couple. One was dark and tall and the other was six inches short and blond. Poor bookshelves. They just looked... bad. Mom mentioned last week that she was thinking of getting rid of her solid wood shelves so that Dad's new tv would fit in the niche. Ooooooh. Out of the kindness of my heart I offered the (much nicer) shelves a new home. :o)

Nathan and Lou got the shelf moved over here last Sunday. Has anyone ever mentioned that clearing up books is a lot of work? Well, no one warned me, so now you know. The new lady (she is too pretty to be male) is all set up in my living room and after two day of work.. it is coming along.



I am showing off all the crap on the floor as that is what isn't going to fit. Well, that and the stuff in the kitchen... Anyway, I LOVE the look of the new shelves. It really cleans up (LOL!) the look of the school area.

As for tall, dark and dusty, he is moving into my bedroom along with my fiction collection and the cute little blondy is going in G's room to hold games and children's fiction. Now if I can just figure out what to do with all those posters and maps...

No comments:

Post a Comment