1. Camping under the Stars - we got close on this one. We stayed out watching the Persieds meteor shower until 3 am.
|Photo by Matt Crawford|
2. Family Game night (twice a week) - since all our board games are in storage, this one has been reduced to a couple times a month...
3. Learn to make cups (that one is G's - that boy is a sucker for a field trip!) - We didn't find anywhere that manufacture cups, BUT I did know how to make one of paper. Thank you useless origami studies!
4. Swim - At friends' pools, the Hartselle pool and we FINALLY have our pool in and we have been using it like crazy!
5. Hang out in a Hot Tub - Thank you Cathy for this one!
These are the things we didn't get to this summer, but we have plans to get to a few of them yet;
Build a clubhouse
Go to Spring Park
Have an airsoft/paintball War
Water gun fight
*Visit a Waterpark
Build a robot
Meet the Mythbusters (that may have to be a long term goal - LOL)
Make a card tower
Bowling - in September
*Buy Ice Cream from an Ice Cream Truck
* maybe next year...
One of the nice things about life is that sometimes awesome things happen that you never planned like;
Having baby kittens
|Photo by Esther Crawford|
Fireworks at Point Mallard on the 4th of July
Visiting the Turtle Farm
I can't believe that the summer is almost over. We started school a couple of weeks ago. So far they are doing pretty well. It's too hot out to want to be gone too much so I am using this time to keep them focused on math, grammar and LOTS of reading. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Autumn, but I'm sure sad to see this summer go...