Saturday, April 17, 2010

Thrifting and FInishing Up for the Day

This morning I headed out early to drop off a few things at the local Boy Scouts' yard sale and then decided to have a peek around. At $8 for anything you can stuff in the bag, there was nothing to loose! I found four pillow shams that I really loved in blue, brown and cream to match my bedroom (two euro and two king sized), a beautiful glass jar with a silver lid, a pair of candlesticks, two swallows that were perfect to hang in my bathroom and for an extra $2 a huge straw beach tote. What a deal! I'm sure that it will all come in handy with staging this week.

After I got home, Lou, Dad and I got started on all of our projects for the day. Dad and Lou's big project was to install our new full glass back door. I looks fantastic! They didn't finish up the trim, but by the time they finished it was lunch time and Dad had afternoon plans. Still it looks to much better that I don't even care! LOL! Now the back yard that we love so much is framed out by the full on view. Lou also got the new locks in both of the new doors and all the keys match. :o)


My projects for the day were to paint the chandelier:



Check!

Stage Griffin's painted Room:

Check!

And take another load of household things to the storage building...

Well, ALMOST done for the day.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you guys are doing a great job! Every time I check in I start looking around at my shabby house...LOL! So much inspiration, so little budget.

    ReplyDelete