Friday, January 8, 2010

Totoro Bag

One of Griffin's favorite movies is My Neighbor Totoro. There aren't many products out there (in America) that go with this Japanese classic. So when your 5 year old asks for a library book bag that has Totoro on it... you get crafty. I was going to applique Totoro onto a homemade bag, but while I was picking up my Wonder Under I found THIS bag for $3. Sold!

After piecing Totoro together and embroidering him, I used the WU to iron the pieces down onto the book bag. Once they were fused on, I stitched the edges down through the top zipper section (all the seams are hidden inside).

The eyes of the forest spirit need drawn on. If I did it again, I would make Totoro a little less cat-like, but on the whole I'm happy with it. I can't wait to give it to him tomorrow!
Totoro Pictures, Images and Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment