Monday, April 30, 2012

The March That Didn't

March was a rough month around here. We caught the flu again (B this time) and then a stomach bug. Between those two things traveling around five people not much happened in March. We managed school on the days I wasn't sick with the kids that weren't sick, so at least it wasn't a total waste of a month.

 In a sudden burst of energy post flu, I painted our shutters a bright blue that reminds me of the English countryside and then spent a full Saturday mulching our flowerbeds. That second one was the cause of much pain for about a week. Two truckloads full was too much for this girl with only the help of a seven year old! I will be glad when Lou's overtime ends and I have my partner in crime back on a regular basis.

As part of our human body study we focused (pun intended) on eyes. I just LOVE the patterns in my family's peepers!





Because of the on going illnesses around here, Jennifer felt really sorry for me (10 out of 12 weeks shouldn't be legal) and sent me this LOVELY tea pot and cozy. I use it ALL the time. It was such a sweet gift and it really does make me feel better on a bad day to have a properly brewed cuppa.

(Oh and I also chopped my hair again...)

1 comment: